• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1031 Generator

sand453

Hello , I have searched the site and TMs and haven't found any info on the generator or control panel for a 1986 1031 contact maintenance truck . I drove the truck home from the GL lot and so far have only had to replace the batterys , I engage the pto turn on the govener switch and the generator brings the motor up to rpm like it should , it produces 120/208 at 60 hz , then after any where from 30 seconds to several min the engine goes back to idel , I hit the reset button and rpms go up and then in time will drop out again .
Any help would be great , Thanks Sean.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
See if you can open this. This manual was posted before and I copied it to my desktop. I cannot find the post either. Sounds like there is a loose connection somewhere. Look for wires with burned insulation touching the exhaust pipes as well. As a side note, my M1031 came from Alaska, has the engine heater, swingfire receptacle, and the personnel fuel heater.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks