• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

105 spring packs on a Deuce

Chevracer87

Ok its not what your thinking. I'm not wondering if 105 springs will work on the rear for bobbing a truck, I'm wondering if they are a suitable replacement for the front. I have tried to find NOS or a good matched pair of used Deuce springs in my area and have not been able to come up with much. I was able to get a pair from Gimp but they are 10 leaf and the whole truck sits much lower now in the front. The originals were 12 leaf. I have read on the site somewhere that 105 spring packs are very close to what the Deuce originally came with. The reason for me asking is it is alot easier to pickup a 105 in my area then it is trying to find replacement Deuce springs. After inspecting the 105 I own they look very similar and they are 12 leaf. What does everyone think?

RAYZER

Don't know about the 105 springs, i wouldnt.
I have some 12 leaf front deuce springs in the classifieds but I'm way in Fl.
I had no idea there was a difference between front spring sets untill gimpyrobb pm'd me the other day about them.
So I counted the leafs on my deuce tractor ww, they are 10 leaf and pretty flattened out compared to some 12 leafs on my cargo truck.
I'm now thinking about swapping them out.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I did it 2 years ago. 12 leaf springs on the M105.
Steve, your talking about putting them on the rear of the truck, he is thinking of using them on the front axle. Do you think they would be an acceptable swap?

If Richard or Ray or Steve work something out, I can bring the springs back from Ga rally.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, your talking about putting them on the rear of the truck, he is thinking of using them on the front axle. Do you think they would be an acceptable swap?

If Richard or Ray or Steve work something out, I can bring the springs back from Ga rally.
AHH, i missed that part. Max. working load for the m105 spings would be 6,000 lbs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks