• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11xx driver mirror in lower position

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I changed my mirror from lower to upper and didn't have to change a thing. Are the brackets really different? I think it's just the mirror head.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I changed my mirror from lower to upper and didn't have to change a thing. Are the brackets really different? I think it's just the mirror head.
The upper bracket for the higher position is shorter and less angle than the bracket for the lower position. If you look at the lower hole on the body you can see how it’s further forward. I also replaced my mirror head and it doesn’t have the notch. Action helped me find the right one for the higher position.

rcamacho

Mirror installed in lower position with new bracket. Looking forward to seeing how this works for me when I get the 1151 road worthy. In the upper position I found my LT turn visibility excessively impaired with mirror adjusted to TM. In the lower position I seem to have much improved forward LT visibility.

Looks like I need to re-adjust the mirror positioning relative to the frame. I'll do that next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Action

Mirror installed in lower position with new bracket. Looking forward to seeing how this works for me when I get the 1151 road worthy. In the upper position I found my LT turn visibility excessively impaired with mirror adjusted to TM. In the lower position I seem to have much improved forward LT visibility.

Looks like I need to re-adjust the mirror positioning relative to the frame. I'll do that next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think I have ever seen the mirror head mounted forward of the tubular part.

Action

Ideally, with the doors on, you want the mirror head as close to the truck as it can while still being able to see the whole mirror head. The further you have things out the side of the truck, the more likely they are to get hit.

Reactions: OBX
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks