• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2.5 ton transfer case in a Saturn sedan

rockman

Sounds like a monster truck but in fact it was Westfolk and myself loading a rebuilt transfer case into his car. Yup, Joseph brought a Saturn sedan for the hauling duty. We had lots of help in supervision (three generations from my side and I suspect Joseph get some guidance before he left on the trip).

The transfer case did not stand a chance when slid up two 4x4 posts and into the trunk. We even got the lid closed...sort of.

Anyway, taking the time to figure it out and use the tools at hand saved out backs.

I know, this post is categorically worthless without pictures.

Good day..

Bill in PA

No.2Diesel

I'm also guilty of hauling large objects in small cars. About a year and a half ago, I rode up to Yonkers to pick up an engine and tranny in my Valiant (Al Bundy Mobile, although not a Duster.) The 360's oil pan sump fit nicely in the recess of the spare tire well. If the carb was off I'm certain the trunk would close. Before I left I removed the rear armrests and the rear seat bottom slips right out. The Torque flight was then buckled in on the floor pan. A little saggy but not too bad. The A-833 OD helps with the mileage but not as much as your Saturn Westfolk!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I fit an engine hoist (folded up obviously) in the trunk of my '68 Road Runner……..with the rear seat removed of course. I also brought home the new quarter panels for my Duster 340 in the Road Runner in the same method.

This was all before I had a truck.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
You might have wanted to tack this onto the thread about the heaviest load carried and caveated it with the best milage too. I have hauled very heavy things on my bicycle over in Iraq just to bring it back to proper accountability I hauled an M2 50 caliber from the boneyard to the arms room while carring a box of M 249 recivers I found there too. I had the advantage of the experience gained hauling my girlfriends on the handlebars when I was a kid so it really wasn't in your league.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks