• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2000 humvee that had the 12 volt wires cut before I got it. Need 12 volt power to transmission to shift

FtworthH1

I receive a unit from an auction and the group of wires coming into the battery box that includes the 12 volt wire to the transmission shift controller was cut and I cant figure out how to get only 12 volt to these 4 wires. Do all of them require 12 volts? I have been trying to find a unit with the same transmission to see how it's wired.

Pic of anyone's would be great!

FtworthH1

Here's a pic of another guys wires that are cut off
Thanks for the pics! I have it that way, but my problem is the light on the trans stays lite (low light) and it runs the batteries down with a week.
The light is bright when i first start it. It goes off when driving or in park, but when I kill it, the light comes on very low.

Thoughts?

FtworthH1

Does anyone have any ideas on the light on the transmission staying on after turning the key off? I'm thinking about adding a keyed relay switch to kill the power, but would rather fix the problem.

Thoughts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks