• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4:90 axle gears?

mbc

Has anyone seen or used the 4:90 ring and pinion in there deuce? Seen them for sale from the aftermarket for the offroad industry. Was just curios how the fuel mileage and performance would change. Higher top speed and lower rpm?What do you guy's think.

mbc

Sorry for posting on something that has been covered so much. Still new here and I guess I forgot to do the searching before asking the questions.

Westech

CPL
No need for the sorry.... I just letting you know where the info was. [thumbzup]

And I should add No member has used the 4.90's in a deuce. at $1200 a axle ...... That is more then most paid for the whole truck.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
WILL NOT WORK. even with stock tires, that would be 82 mph at 2500 rpm. not even close to enough power unless you add another engine! and at $3600 you would have to be crazy.

tom

tm america

What if you went with the 4.90s and a gasser trans?What would top speed be?Not that it would be worth it but might give a different combo than whats been done before.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
if you went with a 3052 trans, 2500 rpm would be 63 mph. about the same as my trans kit for about 4 times the cost. ( and a lot more work )

tom

tm america

Ya thats what i was thinkin..YOur kit seems best for guys that want to run stock tires. to 11.00s..I'm looking for a way to get a little better ratio and still keep my higher top speed that i have with the 15.5s on there..I want to keep the 15.5s just like to have better accelleration?It would be really cool if there was a way to syncronize first gear?

mbc

I could never afford the $3,600 price. Just came across them while searching for front axle seals and the retainers.The 82mph would scare me to death in my truck. It is a non turbo and I live in the mountains so I would never get close to that kind of speed. Just thought it was interesting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks