• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton cover on Deuce?

cbvet

Just picked up a new tan vinyl cargo cover kit. I was told it is for a 5 ton dropside.
What would be the differences in that & a standard Deuce cargo cover?
I guess it would be what, 2 feet longer?
Is there a difference in the way the sides tie-down on a dropside?
What I'm wondering is if it's practical to have this cover modified to fit a Deuce?
As always, your help is appreciated,
Eric
CBVET

acetomatoco

Yes, it will be two feet longer.. If you take two feet out of the middle be sure to align it so the tiedowns match up with the body you are putting it on...you may have to regrommet a few...not a big deal...make sure the seams are double stitched and downwind from the front, so air does not try to rip it apart. The width should be allright and the same end curtains apply to both trucks. You will wind up with two extra bows.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks