• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

530C Fire Truck "ALL ON"..alah pitza!

dmetalmiki

So, ok today we launched into fitting a proper winch on my 530C..(call to mind the song "it's my life.." and replace it with "Its MY truck.."..as 'approved by members in other members posts'
So, the winch assembly duly stripped off the scrapped truck..hard work and required the floor cutting out!..now we go to the 530C fire truck..the PTO box is seized!..With great difficulty we strip and get it freed off. Now The needle bearings in the propshaft are ruined..We find some end caps with the same needles! Great problem solved. The kids fit the assembly, and it is Jammed solid!. Penny oil and and a lump hammer get things working again. Start it to test the winch, BANG!..s..t....Ha! turns out to be Both belts snapped on the alternator pulleys snapped. Back to the donor truck, and new old belts installed. We ran out the wire, Lubed it and pulled it in to align and tension it, Now everything works as it should and I am More then pleased. Looks good drives great..sounds great..tomorrow we go to a local classic car car show. Will post pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Ok we attended the show at the museum of light and power..everyone was impressed with our turnout. We enjoyed the run out which was a shake down run for the fire truck. It performed faultlessly, the power of this truck still amazes me and gives me a thrill you would not believe. It tackles hills like they just were not there! The hill into our region is STEEP..and this thing ;'storms' up in 5th gear!. Normally tackled in 3rd!, in other trucks.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Some videos you all might find of general interest..like the return to base smoke and sound of the 530C , benny on his 'reward' drive..(Double Clutching!)..our run past the local fire station coming back from the show, This fire truck STORMS up the local hill other trucks come up in 3rd! in TOP (5th) gear!. It absolutely astounds and thrills me every time. I simply can't believe the power of this thing!.

https://youtu.be/kdOgEVO4NOY
https://youtu.be/9F0luGWuYvU
https://youtu.be/wflOFajoZnU

dmetalmiki

Now the 530 is almost finished for this years events, At the next big military event may 13th we are going to..(With the ONLY! truck that will) Pump (and roll) while going forwards ..whilst winching backwards..!...figure that..

JDToumanian

Boy, that first video... I think I'd get in a head on collision cause I'd want to be on the 'wrong' side of the road! And those roundabouts! That seems like quite a workout in a deuce...

rustystud

Help !!! Your driving on the wrong side of the road !!!
I got dizzy thinking you where going to get into an accident at any moment !
I like the fact that you taught your students to "Double Clutch" . That will go a long way in keeping the transmission and drivetrain in good working order.
Good videos !