• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 going into toyota four runner

richingalveston

My neighbor wants to purchase the Motor, transmission, and x-fer case. from my M1009 and put it in his four runner Rock Crawler.

I believe he just needs the glow plug relay and control card.
i do not want to waste the wiring harness on the M1009 because i am saving it for future parts needs for my new M1009.

what would be the easiest solution to get a working wiring harness on the 6.2 without ripping mine apart.

current condition of the 6.2 is the IP and starter is bad but the motor has already been converted to 12 volt. has one alt. and glow plugs have been changed. I believe he plans to put 6.5 pump and possibly turbo.

The alternator will connect to the 4-runner wiring without issue. installing the glow plug relay is not the problem just getting the card and glowplug system working properly is the biggest question i have.

any help is appreciated.

Barrman

Starter- use a 12 volt unit and wire it up like any other Chevy starter.

Alternator. Battery positive to the post on the back. Buy a new Delco alternator pig tail from any auto parts store. Red wire on the new plug back over to the 12 v positive post the other wire is already hooked to. The white exciter wire goes to a switched on/off that doesn't have anything else on the same circuit.

Engine- Switched 12 volts to the top of the IP for engine on/off.

Glow plugs- switched 12 volts to all 8.

That is it. Should take about 30 minutes to wire it all up nice and neat for a rock crawler that will be used in warm weather where the cold start advance isn't really needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks