• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2l Rebuild service

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Rebuilding a 6.2 or 6.5 is no different than a 350 Chevy. Any close to you competent machine shop can do it.
I gently disagree. There a subtle differences.

Biggest issue is compression and head to short block gaskets.

Not saying you’re wrong BUT I prefer a Diesel shoppe.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am curious why not have someone drop in a good pull 6.5L GEP engine, no matter how much you spend on that 6.2L it is still a GM engine with all its short comings.
I have one but Idaho is 2000 miles from me, I would suggest contacting Retiredwarhorses and see what he has available, he is not that far from Idaho and he is known to do great work.
EDIT, I believe RWH might also be able arrange shipping to PR, he can also go through the rest of the truck so when you receive it you are good to go!

Last edited:

jmenende

Rebuilding a 6.2 or 6.5 is no different than a 350 Chevy. Any close to you competent machine shop can do it.
Its in caldwell Idaho right now. Id rather swap it for a 6.5 na but i need to get it running either way. Looking for options but its going to the east coast regardless. I have spoken to RWH and he is trying to source a 6.5 for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks