• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8906K4519 Circuit Interrupter Switch

warf

Hello;

I have a question about the 8906K4519 Circuit Interrupter Switch.

Every time I turn on the generator I have to move this switch to the CLOSED position and it self centers after. Is this the way is supposed to work? I have read here that that particular switch almost never goes bad, but, could I have a bad switch?

If it won't harm anything, I would like the switch to stay in the CLOSED position. Is this possible and advisable to do?

Thanks

Scoobyshep

Short answer: it's normal, and holding closed is a not so good idea

Long answer:
These are momentary switches. So the return to center is normal. The way these circuits work is electrically held. Meaning when you select closed the contactor closes and electrically holds itself on until tripped or manually opened.

If held to close, depending on the system wiring, can cause the contactor to not trip (due to the close command) or rapidly open and close.

Ps: it's very helpful to list what set you are working on.