• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AC Project 1152

abfisher1798

I’m converting a 1152 to a four-man configuration with a hard top. It has a factory AC for the driver and passenger. I have a RedDot evaporator on hand. I am thinking about putting that in the back, between the seats for the rear passengers. What would that look like?

I have an extra fender condenser for the left side that could be incorporated, along with many of the OEM AC hoses. I think I can add the condenser, splice it in with the new hoses and branch the RedDot (somehow) off the hoses that are designed for the factory rear unit. What could go wrong?

I live in the Southern California desert. Our average summertime temps hit 120 plus!

It seems like an easy deal, but that is never the case!

cg25713

I also converted my M1152A1 to a four man configuration and was thinking about increasing the AC capacity. Are you saying you find the 2 man AC system to be sufficient? Also, exactly what would we need to increase to 4 man capacity?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you decide to spend a bunch of time and money on expanding an m1152’s AC to 4 man...convert to 4 man and see how badly you think you need it. Even a 4 man setup is just OK, it’s not going to freeze you out of the cab.
I have both 2 and 4 man AC setups...

cg25713

Very good advice. My truck only has two toggle switches at the bottom to control heat and ac. I want to replace the faceplate but can't find one with just the two toggles at the bottom. Does anyone know this part # or where to get it? Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks