• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air assist verses power steering

Bo1

I have 2 M35a2's, one with air assist steering, and one without. Naturally the one without air assist is in better overall condition than the truck with the air assisted steering. My delima is whether I should remove the air assist from one truck and put on the other, or should I just save my nickels and put full blown power steering on the truck I am going to fix up. Power steering is obviously expensive, and would be a better choice for comfort, but is the air assist steering worth removing and installing until I can save the money for the full blown power steering?​

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I just installed air assist on my deuce in June. I have been very happy with it. It was a take-off and I got it for a reasonable price. If I were to have your decision facing me, I would look for a take-off air assist. I can't afford the power steering kits and the assist is only needed at low speeds, weather air or hydro.

This is all imho, but you get the idea.

If anyone has any air assist parts, I would be interested in them(after the OP gets first option!).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks