• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Buzzer disable

Warren Lovell

Hey all, I have put in the "low air warning light". It has a lead to the buzzer as well. If I do not connect the lead to the buzzer, will that effectiveley deactivate the buzzer?

I hate buzzers.

Warren

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i want the buzzer, if im going down the road and lose air i want to know, a buzzer will get my attention real quick

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
you could, though im used to a low air buzzer and sometimes a light also, also the dot REQUIRES a audioable low air warning, thay can park the truck if the audiable warning is not working

da_sgt

I'm sure that varies from state to state, I don't have to have a DOT inspection where I live in Colorado, pass all the scales and port of entries by. I for one hate the buzzer, I "m the type of guy who watches the gauge's as much as I watch the road.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed an "interrupter" that makes the buzzer go beep..beep...beep..beep instead. Still a good warning, but not annoying (it's also connected to the turn signal to give me an audible turn signal warning).

da_sgt

My guess would be that someone pulled the wire to the buzzer, both of mine came that way, one from Ft Riley, and the other from Ft Carson

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks