• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Connections

Barrman

I have two things concerning the air system on my M35 that have me puzzled. The first picture shows a fitting on the dash. It is plumbed directly into the air system. It kind of unscrews but not all the way and with left hand threads.

The second picture shows two things that look like sending units hooked into the air system under the dash. The item on the left has a wire on top and bottom. The item on the right has just one wire that looks to be part of the gauge wiring bundle. Did the old gassers have electrical air psi gauges?

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
First pic/fitting is the valve for the windshield wiper motors. Open valve ---> sends air to wiper motors

Second - One of those must be for the low air pressure buzzer. I thought they were all mechanical air pressure gauges, but I might be wrong

jrosbo

Air system

I have two of the old gasser trucks and both of my air gauges are mechanical. Also I don't recall seeing any of those sending units on mine. I know the buzzer on the m35 works. I will have to go and take a look at how it is hooked up.

Barrman

RE: Air system

Wipers! Picture me slapping my forehead because I should have known that. Any help on the other unknown fitting would be a help. I can't find an air line just hanging around waiting for a gauge to hook onto either. That is why I am leaning toward the un orthodox electric psi gauge.

acetomatoco

As it was an Air Force truck, they may have spec'd a electric Air Pressure Gauge... loosen the 4 dzus fasteners and pull the instrument panel out a coupla inches and look at the back of your gauge....that should answer your question... RAM

Barrman

I don't have any gauges. I have two trucks, but no gauges of any kind. That is why I am asking instead of just tracing the wires.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

As it was an Air Force truck, they may have spec'd a electric Air Pressure Gauge
Why do Air Force trucks get an electric pressure gauhe as opposed to a mechanical one?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Well, the Air Force does all kind of unique stuff with and for their equipment. Like the Navy, they march to a different drum. FYI, the 1953 Studebaker M108 in the yard is an Air Force truck and had a mechanical gauge. You just never know. Funny observation Clinto, Mr Acetomatoco's MVPA number is similar to yours. You=21731 Him=217.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks