• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AN/GRC-50 Radio question ?

Eric's hifim37

Hello All,

I have a complete AN/GRC-50 setup I was wondering if it would be worth hooking it up or just set it up for eye candy ? Also was this radio in a shelter or just a shack ?

I was just trying to get some info on what it was used for and what. This set up is massive and the weight ! many componets,

Looks cool though :)

Let me know if you want pictures.

Later, Eric..

ONTOS66

I don't have any "hands on" experience with this equipment, but a quick google provides a lot of info.

Try this link to see the AN/GRC-50 in a shelter as part of a system: http://www.cleocat.org/tour/

Drawing of the equipment and possible configurations attached from a correspondence course.

Hope that gets you on the right track.

Attachments

Trailltrader

I loved my AN GRC-50's. They were very easy to work on, had a HUGE frequency response (220Mhz to 999.99Mhz), could be encrypted with the KG27 computer system, had 200 phone channels and 10 engineering channels. They were heavy- mostly steel- and to use them today you would need a 10KW electrical source, another set to talk to/with, line of sight operations only, and a ham radio license and you would be restricted to those frequencies. To make a long story short? Eye candy or boat anchor- there's not even that much copper in them to make them worth scrapping out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks