• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another new addition!

98hd

So I bought my first deuce in Nov '07, then bought my xm818 in Dec 07. Now in July '08 I bought another. The disease is hitting hard.

Got the paid invoice today. Going to pick up this thursday, can't wait. This one looks to have some pretty fresh paint on it, which is why I bought it. My other is mechanically excellent, but isn't such a looker.

Hope the pickup goes well, in the picture of the dash it is idling, has good air pressure, oil pressure, gen is charging well and has a full tank of fuel!!!! (that is worth a few bucks in itself). Just hope the brakes work well and the fluids are full.

Also, will need to start looking for a winch to fill the empty spot up front.

Here is an auction pic, willl update after the recovery.

Attachments

jwaller

winch extensions and no winch. thats a strange way to come from uncle sugar. I wonder if it has any other winch stuff on it.

98hd

Yup, Ft. McCoy. I'm not far away so it's a nice place to buy from, plus Mike there is great to deal with.

How can you tell it has the electric wipers? I've never seen the electric ones before, can't wait to see them in action.

98hd

Re: RE: Another new addition!

jwaller said:
winch extensions and no winch. thats a strange way to come from uncle sugar. I wonder if it has any other winch stuff on it.
It did have a winch, the winch handle is still in the cab, so I'm guessing the PTO is still there also. Hopefully will just need a winch and PTO shaft to complete.

Re: RE: Another new addition!

98hd said:
jwaller said:
It did have a winch, the winch handle is still in the cab, so I'm guessing the PTO is still there also. Hopefully will just need a winch and PTO shaft to complete.
If thats all you need i have them parts sitting here in the shop and we can send them back north from the GA ralley if your interested :D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Another new addition!

U can usually tell if it has a wiper conversion is the wipers are parked in the same location on both sides. They are linked and have a single motor. I kinda prefer my air wipers

98hd

maddawg308 said:
NICE truck! Wish mine was painted that nice!
Thanks! THe paint looks pretty new, It has really new 9:20's on it also, they all still have the nubs even.

I was going to use the trick where you put up all the windows and open the front to push the hot air out of the cab. That fell through when the soft top came up at the front. I didn't have time to screw with it (first soft top) so I just took it off.

It was a BRIGHT SUNNY 90deg today, w/ no top, no ear protection, and lot of diesel fumes in my face for 90 miles.

It was worth it though.

I like the electric wipers, except they are kind of in your way when parked. I wonder if the Park position can be moved?

Will put up more pics tomorrow, forgot tonight.

98hd

MUDLORD said:
did it have all the pto stuff in it for the winch??
Yup, Everything is there except for the winch itself. They even left all the bolts in the cab in a nice zip lock baggie.

Power on the truck seemed kind of funny. It felt alot quicker in 1st to 4th, that my other truck, but in 5th felt slower.

ironhorsethegeneral

My winch truck does the same like yours. Good bottom and mid range but upper is slower. Has a D turbo. This engine is a Continental multifuel but has a 2900 rpm redline. And yes it is correct for this engine. Also nice looking truck you have.

98hd

ironhorsethegeneral said:
My winch truck does the same like yours. Good bottom and mid range but upper is slower. Has a D turbo. This engine is a Continental multifuel but has a 2900 rpm redline. And yes it is correct for this engine. Also nice looking truck you have.
2900 redline? This truck does have the danger sticker way over in that area, but this is the same engine as in my '72 and it has the sticker in the proper spot, at about 2,600 RPM. IIRC it is a 2,650 RPM limit, is it not?

98hd

More pics below

Good things I found today. The engine, trans, t-case, and all diff's have clean oil in them. The air filter looks brand new, and someone replaced one of the knuckle boots once already.

The bad. I have a leak. Looks to be the transmission. I have some gear oil leaking, but can't quite tell where it is, fluid is still full, and t-case is also, did notice the shaft coming out of the top back of the trans was a bit wet. Also, the 2nd gear shift is funny. If I don't put the clutch in all the way it will grind a little, but still goes in really fast. Seems worn?

Now I just need my turn signal switch to get here (someone pilfered the one out of the truck before It got turned in). Also, needs a hand throttle, the one in there won't stop on any of the detents.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks