• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another one saved...

MilitaryRestoration

Had a great trip really... However did have two problems. First one was noticeable right away but didn't find it till we started doing our pre-trip inspection, lubrication, etc. As I was grease'n the drive lines i grabbed the main one going back to the first set of rear axles and it was all sloppy. First thought was o' no...! Universal joint... But come to find out they had just forgot to put the four nuts back on the flange...So off the the local hardware store we went. Got everything prep'd and ready to go and about a 1/4 way of our long journey... Ft. Lewis to Yakima, Wa... the trailer brakes lock'd up for no reason. So after trying to let them cool and get them broke free, with no luck, as well as backing the brakes off (or attempting to anyway) we finally decided to just crack open the brake lines and IT WORKED!... So then we were back on the road again. Truck drove like a dream, but should with new radiator, motor, transmission, xfer case, axles, brakes, winch, driver seat, all new grade 8 bolts everywhere etc etc... Guess my dad saw something I didn't because I did not notice most of what he did when biddin'. A+ dad ;-)

Attachments

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
First thought , NICE TRUCK man , Second thought , wow gas is high there .50 cent per gallon less here lol

P.S. I had alot of M105 brake problems before and did the same thing and it worked too

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice truck and trailer. Usually the relay valve is the problem on the trailer brakes. Draining the air out of the tank on the trailer will also release the brakes. It may have a relay valve clogged with some dirt.

MilitaryRestoration

Thanks all for comments... and if anyone needs tires dont forget i've got 50 - 52'2 ;-) with hemmt ring lock rims

Kenny - this trailer does not have a tank on the brake system...that was the first thing i looked for... i found that when i realized that there was only one air hose... service only... never seen this system before...anyone seen it themselves? i'll try to take pictures today

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks