• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody Have an LDS Equipped Deuce?

Alredneck

Banned
Its a work in progress!

Gimp you love it more than that pink " It " where your avatars supposed to be!:lol:

steelandcanvas

I've read the threads about what's needed to do the swap, but is there anything I should look out for that hasn't been discussed? I'm definitly not afraid of it, I just don't take to kindly to surprises. I have some good Club help and a Diesel Mechanic to assist.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The only things I can think of is indexing the starter so it will work on the pass. side and swapping the oil pan(and the oil pickup lines). Everything else is the same. If it is coming from a 5ton, it might have an exhaust adapter on the turbo, that just gets removed to use the deuce exhaust. Anyone think of something I missed?

rlwm211

My deuce came out of the Amry with a virtually new depot rebuilt LDS in it. The truck runs out great and I could not imagine what it would be like to not have the LDS...
(I am spoiled I guess)

The temps run 160-170 most of the year and 180 when it is hot out and I am working it.

I have a Shelter on the back which adds at least 3000# and lot of wind resistance and I pull a 3000# trailer and I can cruise at 52 MPH on most roads. Fuel mileage is less than it would be with a LDT engine, but the extra fuel is what gets me there in less time.

With the shelter off, and no trailer it is really quick for a truck that weighs 13000#.

Hope this helps

RL​

cruzinz28

My truck came with an LDS as well. Never knew what I had until I drove another Deuce without it. Big difference in my opinion. My truck is bobbed now and the LDS never peaks over 160 like people have mentioned thus far. In the winter I run a full arctic kit, hood blanket, side panels and grill cover to keep the temperature up to 160. Once you drive a Deuce with an LDS, you'll spend your time looking for one to swap into yours.
-Jesse

randyman

I also have a deuce with an LDS which came from GL in Mechanicsburg, PA. My brother drove it back to Keyser, WV and I drove another one with an LDT. There are a few steep grades between there and here and, while I had to downshift (sometimes to third) my brother never did. A lot of difference. If you have any problems/questions, I (or other members I'm sure) could get you pictures, etc. I've never had any cooling problems and when my brother drove it back in 80-85 degeree weather for about 5-6 hours on the linterstate, temperature never went above 180 even on the grades.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One day! I have an LDS sleeping in the can, right out in the yard. One day I'll convert it for the deuce and probably put it in the wrecker. As little time as I have, it probably won't be until the LDT fails catastrophically.