• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone have info on AN/VSC-3 teletype? manuals, etc?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a control box at the Richmond hamfest today, the data plate just says it's a control box for the AN/VSC-3 teletypewriter set. Info I have found online says that was installed in M-577 command tracks, uses MD-522 modem, AN/UGC-74 teletypes, etc. The control box I have is missing the meter, I would like to try and find out what the correct meter goes in it. The correct manual on the VSC-3 is TM 11-5815-332-15, but there is no available copy online. Anyone have experience with this unit, that might be able to point me in the right direction? I'm sure this control box would be useful to someone building a RATT rig, but want to restore it with the meter first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks