• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone put a roof rack on a M1009?

chudson

Hi there, I am looking to put a roof rack on my 84 M1009. I was wondering if anyone had done this, and generally speaking to learn from others' experiences. I like the idea of the Yakima Q Towers system as opposed to drilling holes in the M1009. Basically they are semi-hardcore clip on towers that rely on tension to hold the rack to the roof. Problem is (like with most mods on these CUCVs) it's a lot like trying to pound a square peg in a round hole.

I have two 58" cross bars with the Qtowers, and according to Yakima the Q35 clip is supposed to fit the 84 Chevy Blazer. In practice however it doesn't work like that. Just trying to see what other folks have tried, and what their experiences were. Thanks in advance!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A state is requested in our site rules(in your location).

Did you search "roof rack" before posting?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get 664 search results for "M1009 roof rack".

Surely one of these posts have a roof rack in it.

chudson

Yes I did search and found one thread about a Suburban conversion to CUCV, but not a K5. Sorry about the location will update my profile.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks