• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

audio amplifier ideas to mate with R-390A - schematics needed

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dug out my R-390A that I was given a few years back by a friend of mine, I have to test it out and see how it performs. It's a beast, and not in the best condition internally, so it will probably need some parts and TLC.

One thing I've been thinking of is I need to build a rack-mount audio amplifier/speaker assembly to mate with the R-390A. As they are now, they work only with headphones, but I've seen some military audio amps that work well with it, but they are rare and hard to find, and when they do, they command $400+, which is about what a working 390A will bring itself. I have a rack-mount panel and chassis all ready to go for the build, just need a good schematic for a suitable audio amp to start soldering.

Can anyone here recommend a good online (or otherwise) schematic for an audio amp that would be a good mate to my receiver? I have tried and failed to find the schematic for the military amps (like the AM-1249 and LS-206) that were used with this receiver, but I don't necessarily need the schematics for those.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks