• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery / Alt problems

toddclaxton

I have two cucv's One I have been driving for about 4 months with no problems I will call that truck "a" One i just bought to sell truck "b" Truck "a" had two fairly new Optima batteries and I had no problems. Truck "b" had big military batteries. So I decided (stupid) to take the military batteries from truck b and put them in truck a. Only because I though they looked cool. Once I did , neither truck would start. I assumed I just ran them deal. I jumped both truck and let them idle for a while and drove them around. Truck a which now had the militar batteries was totally dead. Truck b had power but owuld not start. So I put everything back, and had the same problem now truck A had some power but not enought. I disconect both batteries and charged them they would start run for a while but not restart the next day. I took all 4 batteries to a battery shop. One battery from each set show a little of 10vlts and one was fully charged. Seems both trucks have the same problem (maybe me!)

I took the two good fully charged batteries and put them in truck a. I started the truck and on the front battery (military batter) I have 14.6 volts. On the rear I have 12.4 volts I shut the truck off and both measure around 12.4. So I figure the alternator that is charging the back battery is bad. So not knowight which it is I measure both at the alternator and they are both putting out 14.6 volts!! So it seems that the rear battery is not charging. What gives?

I also notice on Truck B there is a big resistor looking thing on the firewall behind the engine. Ig runs from the rear battery - terminal which is the + on the front to the Solinoid. Truck A had a wire spliced doing the same thing. What is this for and should I put it on truck A that I am going ot keep?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks