• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

beating high fuel costs

cbvet

Are you filtering that oil & using it as diesel fuel?
If so, how are you filtering it & are you using it straight or in a blend?
This winter I've been running 25% used motor oil filtered to 5 microns, & regular gas.
Eric
CBVET

kipman

thanks, about 60/40 hydralic to diesel, depends on what the guys at the shop are working on. The first filter is 10 micron at the tank, I think I will try to find a 5 micron for the tank but could plug quick.

Blythewoodjoe

I want to start running some other stuff in my truck too and was wondering if my compensator is by-passed. Does anybody have a picture of what the pump looks like by-passed or not. Also I was thinking of running some gas in my truck since it is cheaper but will the milage suffer therefore defeating the lower price?

kipman

RE: FDC bypassed

my FDC is bypassed on all three trucks, does not mean you can not run other fuels, the FDC compensates for the viscoty of other fuels to keep the motor at peak output.

Thanks kipman. Mine is bypassed when i got it. Just was curious if you was running the mixture with it bypassed. Cause i was planning on the same thing. Just debating the mixture. thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Kip, that is a NICE trailer! Keep an eye in craigslist, I see many tanks like yours go cheap, even free.

Opie

Re: RE: FDC bypassed

gimpyrobb said:
Kip, that is a NICE trailer! Keep an eye in craigslist, I see many tanks like yours go cheap, even free.
I've got to start looking! Free is good.

oilcan

RE: Re: RE: FDC bypassed

Gonna have to make a midnight fuel stop pretty soon.

And a nice 105 would be just "ducky"!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks