• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed weight

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Evening and Happy New Years folks! I have a question of what is the bed weight for a 1985 925 dropside bed, I have a truck with this bed on it and before I try to lift it off I would like to know what I need to be prepared for. I am guessing around 2200 pounds but that is a pure guess, I am supporting this from the main gerder in my shop and lifting using a chain hoist to lift it aff the truck. Any good educated weight numbers would sure be appreciated! Thanks for your help and trust its much appreciated!
KK

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wreckerman thanks very much for the info I will plan on 3K for the weight to deal with and YES these are the BIG beams, I have had deuce beds hanging from them before but they seem a fair amount lighter than the 5 ton bed, Thanks again for the info, stuff like this keeps me out of trouble, and alive!!!
KK

Bill W

Karl
Don't forget to post pic's when you get rolling on this project as we all enjoy seeing a member suffer...ahm..."Working" on these vehicles :beer: