• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Been awhile, still going strong with improvmentts

WatchDawg

hey all,

So, have done a lot of work so far on my baby, new batt(s), alt 1 replacment, belts, hoses, bolts, and nuts, rewiring, had someone in the city smash my window, fixed that.

done a lot of road repair from a stuck parking break , to no starts, using my winch for the first time when I got stuck....it's always an adventure

Had a question,

So my 4x4 light dosn't come on when I put it in into 4H, or 4L....Hubs locked, ready to go, pop it into gear and nothing. Do a quick test and get it into reverse, and cut wheel and dosn't shake, as it should....

any ideas on troubleshooting? was looking through the manuals, and didn't see a lot when it come to the troubleshooting steps for this.

cucvrus

On the 4WD light. Crawl under the truck and pull the plug on the switch to the transfer case. Jump across the terminals of the wiring pig tail the 4WD light should come on. If not you have a wiring issue. If the 4WD does come on your have a switch issue. A bit difficult to get to the switch for replacement but make sure it is clean up there before you remove the switch from the transfer case. Clean it with a dry brush. A tooth brush works well the grit helps clean your teeth also. Grease not so good. But that is where I would go. Also reach up and see if you have a bulb in the back of the cluster and it is making good contact on the circuit board. Check this cluster bulb first. Remove the socket from the back of the cluster clean it and check and see if the bulb lights. Good Luck.

WatchDawg

Do you think it would be possible if the transfer switch is just a 12v switch, and that is indeed what the issue is when attempting to transfer from 2WD to 4H..... to route the into my new ammo box control unit, and use a switch that would basically replace switch? wires electronics would be more protected in can

cucvrus

I have no idea. The switch I am referring to is an internal contact switch. it senses the cam/lever inside the transfer case being engaged it 4WD. No toggle switch is involved in putting it into 4WD. Just the lever on the floor activating a lever going to the transfer case and moving a lever inside the transfer case and closing the switch internally to illuminate the 4WD lamp on the cluster. As far as an ammo box being involved. I know nothing about that. That would just seem to complicate a simple already proven and effective design. This is IMHO. Do as you wish. Others may also understand your design better then me. I tend to keep it simple as I am a simple man. Always worked for me that way. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks