• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best starter for cucv

vascott

My starter is roasted due to the relay under the dash. I did the Napa relay add today but the starter is no good. Looks like it’s a replacement one not the original. Can anyone recommend a good one to buy? Thanks in advance

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get good used gm original ones and rebuild them quick. Everything online is china.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Barrman

Going used and rebuilding is what I have done on all of my 24 volt trucks as well. Someone near you has one on a shelf In all likelihood.

Make sure you get the proper support bracket for the style starter you end up with and I would also suggest new start bolts as well.

The HMMWV -20 TM has a great section about how to rebuild both styles of the starter motor.

Here is a video about the different styles, brackets and bolts:

vascott

Mean Green has been making gear reduction starters for these trucks since forever.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
It’s nice to see you post a reply so quick and then not back up where yo get them. Cannot find a 24volt one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeepadict

It’s nice to see you post a reply so quick and then not back up where yo get them. Cannot find a 24volt one.
Please keep any derogatory comments off here as they are unnecessary and unwanted. You may be used to that from other groups on other medias, it's not ok here.

As many others, I don't always get the notifications or work and family take precedence. If you don't see an answer that suits you here, Google is a fantastic tool that many use on a regular basis. Good luck with your search.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, the hosting of a site this size isn't free. Hopefully trading pop ups for the information is a fair trade. There's a few sources starters.

Gear reduction on amazon:

Direct drive:

There's plenty more options, but that's just a few. One thing to note, you should also install the brace to the starter back if you remove it. These have a nasty habit of sheering off the starter bolts or busting off the block.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks