• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blackout brake lights!

67_C-30

I'm sure this is common knowledge around here, but I discovered that my rear blackout lights have a brake light tonight. I was showing my M1009 to my brother tonight and showing him how the blackout lights and blackout drive light worked, and he made the comment "That's cool, the rears even have a little brake light" to which I responded "They do!?!" :cookoo: I got out and he pressed the brake pedal and I saw them for the first time. I have searched blackout threads on here and they usually just reference the bumper lights as marker lights, and I was under the impression that's all they were. I just thought I'd post this so other noobs like me would know about another cool CUCV feature!

I snapped a few pics of them with my phone.

Attachments

Last edited:

Brad M

Oddly enough, that is all of the LED based blackout lights that work on my M1008. I keep thinking of it sitting on post some place with the blackout lights running for days on end… Guess I am glad the driver was not a left-foot-rester burning the brake lights all the time... Yes the fuses are fine.

CycleJay

Congrats 67,

I am glad you found out, cool is'nt it?

I found out pretty much the same way not too long after I got it,
that my M1009 can do that too..

I fixed the blackout lights to get them working on the rears,
and tried to fix the fronts, but they are burned out and I need new ones.

Have a good night,

CJ

67_C-30

Congrats 67,

I am glad you found out, cool is'nt it?

I found out pretty much the same way not too long after I got it,
that my M1009 can do that too..

I fixed the blackout lights to get them working on the rears,
and tried to fix the fronts, but they are burned out and I need new ones.

Have a good night,

CJ

One of my front ones is burned out also, so I'm going to have pick one of those up.

CycleJay

Hello 67,

Sorry to hear that it is burned out.
But perhaps you should buy a pair when you find them, so you have an extra when the other ones burn out.

For my blazer, I need both front blackout lights.

By the way, if you are ever in Atlanta, or need assistance in the Atlanta area, let me know,
it would be cool to meet/assist fellow MV/Steel soldiers people.

Have a good day,

CJ

Thats cool however the ones on my truck got painted over when the truck got painted red allthough they all work thankfully as for being brake light lol i cant tell they are already red ;)

As for what cyclejay said if any of you Steel Soldiers Members are comin out around my neck of the woods(onslow county)HOme of Camp lejeune main base and airstation) let me know ill help in way i can:beer:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks