• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blew out my horn, I think???

Tackettr

Well I was getting ready for my Halloween trail last night, which I was going to have my duece turn on its lights and blow the horn to scare the patrons. The wife thought the horn was a little too loud, so I packed a blanket in front of it. I hit the horn and it made a funny squeak and now only makes a non-manly toot when I honk it. I guess the blanket was too close and created too much back-pressure and messed something up. My question is what? Is it something I can fix with a kit or do I need to just replace the horns? Thanks.

Kevin.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More proof that wives do nothing but screw our toys up whenever they get a chance.

Take the solenoid off, first. Check to make sure the spring and plunger inside are still moving, and lube it with a couple drops of oil before putting it back on. If that doesn't work, take the back plate off the horn, and see if there is any blockage inside the horn assembly. Pics help a lot here. Unfortunately, though, I think you have to take the horn out of the truck, which is a pain considering where it is located.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks