• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Project

cruzinz28

Here are a few pictures of my project. This project was based off the XM381 truck that never made it into production. It took roughly 2 months to get the truck from its original M35A2 form to what you see here. Heavy work, but well worth it in the end!!!

Attachments

desertfox

Yea, I like it. Started on mine about 2 weeks ago. Platform was a M109A3. Has many upgrades. My dilemma is bed height placement. I do not want it to look goofy with the top and bows in place.

cruzinz28

Thanks for the compliments gentleman. I spent a lot of time using photoshop and Autocad to visulize the final results before making all those final cuts and decisions.

We ended up spacing the bed up using the 105 trailer frame for two reasons. One was to gain clearance for the tires and the bracing that is on the underside of the bed, and when we had the bed setting right on the deuce frame it appeared to set way to low in proportoin to the rest of the truck.

There is no lift on the truck. Stock front springs all around now. Tires are 14.5R 20's A3 split rims. Tires measure in at about 42" tall to fill the fenderwells up. One of the best things I like is the tires reverse out, due to width, just to the edge of the fenders giving it a wider stance.