• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought a m135 this weekend at a auction

camp9

I bought a M135 dump at a auction this weekend along with a bunch of parts that came with it. I'll have to do a bunch of reading now and find out all I can. These are pics of when it was parked in the garage a few days before the sale. I couldn't read the data tag, but looks like a m135 to me.

Attachments

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
215 is correct if it is a issue dump truck. I cannot really tell but from the first picture I do not see M135 wheel rims on the right front tire. So if it were a modified M135 it would have to have had some of the rims replaced and axles moved as the M215 is a short wheelbase and the M135 is a long wheelbase truck. . Do you now have more pictures? Pictures of the data plates, air tanks and inside dump controls. But I agree with JB looks like a M215 pretty much.

Last edited:

camp9

I'll have some more pics tomorrow, I had a really good friends son get married this weekend and had to do my bidding over the phone during the reception. :) I'll be heading over there tomorrow to see if I can get it to a friends house a few miles up the road so we can make sure I can run it home. It does run has a 6 cylinder gas auto trans. Here's a pick I took of the shift in the cab.

Attachments

The REB shifter you don't have a high reverse only a low . on the high side you have 4 speeds and on the lowside you have 4 speeds when you shift between gears keep your foot on the gas peddle . first gear on the REB is all the way forward .

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
It does have a REB kit. You need to not use high range reverse. Only use low range reverse. Put a carriage bolt in the slot where high range reverse is so you cannot get it in reverse in that range. The REB kit instructions say to do that. But all G-749 series should not use High reverse. Here is a picture of a plate I made for one of my trucks with a REB kit in it. I just welded the plate to a cut off bolt.

(edit) humm..... guess I was typing this when topo was making his post. Well it is worth mentioning twice cause you can really do a number on the tranny if used incorrectly

Attachments

Last edited:

M215

M215

Another one saved! You have a genuine M215 dumper. Attached a couple pics of our M215. Looks like you have the correct tail gate and cab protector, can't tell if you have the correct fuel tank, different then the M135 / M211. Looks like the hard top could be a Memphis equipment item. Great truck and you will love the REB shift kit.

Attachments

camp9

Thanks for the pics and info, if all goes well and I can get out of here tomorrow I'll post some pics tomorrow night so you all can tell what I got for sure. :) There was a scraper at the sale so I want to get there and get it off the site before something disappears off of it.