• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought a m135 this weekend at a auction

M215

What did the motors sell for? Looks like White AX160 368 cu in. These were used in White halftracks and commercial trucks. NOS motors for halftraacks sell for $2500-3500. I sure could use one as a spare.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
To run the truck; (use the picture in my above post to see the shift patterns for the regular and REB positions)

1....Put the regular shift lever in neutral and the REB lever all the way forward to 1st gear.
2....Pull the start lever back and it will start.
3....Put the regular shift lever in the slot to the left (High range) F1, leave it there and step on the gas.
4....Using the REB lever shift when the engine sounds like it needs to be shifted. And then work your way through the four gears.

As mentioned in an above post keep some pressure on the tranny when shifting or it will really be a rough shift. The transmission has two torus in it. One for the first two gears and one for the last two gears. Sometimes when it goes from one torus to the other it shifts sort of rough. That is normal. They all did it when they were new also. I remember that well.

Last edited:

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
You need to get copies of the manuals for operation/maint and the ORD9 parts for the G-749 trucks. Send me a PM with your mailing addy and I will send you a PDF master copy of both. They used to be posted on this site before the manuals went puke.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So a friends son getting married is your excuse for not coming to the MVPA?

;-)

Good find on the truck. My Brother had one of the older Deuces with an auto that leak so much it had a five gallon bucket under it to catch it all and a hose that siphoned it back up into the transmission. No, it didn't go out on the road..........

camp9

So a friends son getting married is your excuse for not coming to the MVPA?

;-)
We sure wanted to be there, but the drought we got going up here has really taken all my extra time away keeping water going. Our raspberry crop would of been a bust if we hadn't of had irrigation. Pastures for the cattle are burnt up. So that's what's been going on up here, normal summer. :)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was hoping for a dry summer down here and then we got dumped on 8 days ago and yesterday afternoon.

I like our raspberries, unfortunately all the deer like them more........

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score Andy! Too bad you couldn't get those motors also.

M215, nice truck! Post more photos please.

camp9

Nice score Andy! Too bad you couldn't get those motors also.

M215, nice truck! Post more photos please.
I should get more pics today. Those motors I just thought were extras he had for the dump, but guess it wasn't. I still have a lot of things to learn about what is worth something and what isn't. Good to hear from ya. :)

butch atkins

thread has been dead for a while what a wakeup !,congrats on a really good find,i have ALL the manuals for these trucks post for any questions and keep on posting

M215

M215

How rare is the M215 dumper? There has been one for sale by me for a while.
I have seen a number of M215 around, there is three unresorted examples within 1.5 hr of my location. The dump truck version of the 2.5 ton was easily utilized after surplus, so many of them were worn out years ago. To find a complete example with the hard to find parts I would consider rare.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you guys remember that article in Army Motors or Military Vehicles years ago about the auction of a potato farm in upstate MI? They had dozens of hydramatic GMCs and I bet this is one of them. They were all well maintained and barn kept. The black painted number clues me in to this.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you guys remember that article in Army Motors or Military Vehicles years ago about the auction of a potato farm in upstate MI? They had dozens of hydramatic GMCs and I bet this is one of them. They were all well maintained and barn kept. The black painted number clues me in to this.
Most likely Kitchen Farms in Elmira Mi. they have rows and rows of trucks out in the woods

camp9

We went over to check out the truck better and got some picks. Our internet is slow so I'll be posting probably most of the evening. We Took the M1031 over and aired up the tires, got the parts that they stuck in cab so they wouldn't disappear. The scrapers in the area must of got most of the stuff, bought some tires off of 105 trailers along with plugs and side racks from them before they left. Anyway, the truck has no breaks, we had some dot5 to put in but did have a chance to get the lines bled, but did have some pressure on the peddle when we did that. The truck started right up and ran great. Checked the trans fluid and it just hit the dip stick, so a little low. Put in in low forward and it moved about 50 yards then stopped. There was a gallon of trans "220" fluid in the cab, so put some of that in and it took right off again for another 200 yards and stopped again. checked the dip stick again and it's right on the mark, can't see fluid running out anywhere under the truck so must be staying where it needs too. Ran it through two of the gears and seemed to shift just fine. So wondering now if a filter plugged? The neighbor across the road said he's had the truck for years and has sat. He had taken it into the shop and started working on it before he died, so maybe the trans had rust in it. Oh, and the data place is gone, but the rest of the tags are there. I'll go to work on the pics now. :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks