• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake issues

blizzardwarrior7

1954 GMC m215

I can hit my brake pedal once and the brakes seem to grab about 25 percent, but not with full power, and than I have a very squishy pedal for about 3-5 minutes before it feels kind of firm again. Should I try just bleeding the system? I know I'm supposed to start on the airpack, and than go to the wheels, which is the correct valve on the airpack? I can't view the tms on my tablet.

Tlauden

There's a bleeder valve right on the side of the airpack, sorta looks like a grease fitting (kinda) start there, then go to the furthest wheel and work you way forward. Ex: passenger rear, driver rear, passenger middle etc. end with your front driver side steer tire. While your under it check for leaks/pinched lines/loose connections..... If that stuff doesn't solve your problems looks like you in for a master/airpack rebuild. Which is not hard at all

Gunfreak25

That is for the M35, the M211's have the bleeder valve at the top. It sounds like you have air in your hydraulic system. Before bleeding the air pak make sure you exhaust all the air from the air system.