• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Lines?

Zeus51

Hey guys,

Has anyone used Classic Tubes for their stainless steel brake line replacements? If you did and you have the M1008, what kit number did you order?

Chaski

For what it is worth...

I used classic tube for my Mustang. It took a huge amount of time to fit the new lines. Keep your old ones once they are removed. Set the “close enough” ones from Classic Tube next to them and start tweaking them to match the old OEM ones. That will get them close... Also the stainless ones are less friendly to work with, you might consider plain steel or nickel copper

rustystud

Hey guys,

Has anyone used Classic Tubes for their stainless steel brake line replacements? If you did and you have the M1008, what kit number did you order?
I did but it was over ten years ago. Maybe closer to twenty. It was a pain in the butt though ! They are hard to bend and they all get bent up in shipping. The long lines are doubled over to fit into the box. Like Marcus said "cupro-nickel" is better. I used that on my deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks