• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broke down again...IP dying?

galeo7171

The other day my 1009 suddenly lost power and stalled. It would crank right back up, then blow out a lot of smoke, then stall gain. I removed the fuel return valve and found it clogged with small pieces of coffee ground looking pieces of something. I broke out the glass ball and reinstalled it. After that, it ran fine but idled rough and would surge while driving on the interstate.

Today I replaced the stock fuel filter with a spin on filter and the truck ran awesome for 50 miles. I shut the truck off and came back an hour later and attempted to drive to work. The truck did the same thing as before and lost all power and stalled. I removed the return valve again but it wasn't clogged. It would fire right up, then idle rough and stall again.

Did my IP just officially die. I can't get the truck to idle for more than a minute. It will stall, but fire right up again , then stall.

DXTAC

That's what mine was doing. I had the IP rebuilt by Midwest Fuel Injection and haven't had a problem since. I already had a spin-on filter and tried changing that first HOPING that was it, it wasn't.

Good Luck!