• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bruce Kalin Memorial Thread

Bob-M151A2

It has come to my attention that Bruce Kalin passed away yesterday due to a heart attack. This is very sad news for all MV enthusiasts.

Bruce was the original founder and organizer of the East Coat Convoy, the organization that coordinates all the vehicles up and down the eastern seaboard that convoy their way to the annual Aberdeen Military Vehicles Meet. This was (and is) a very fun-filled event and would never have been possible without Bruce's dedicated devotion to getting it in place and making it happen.

On a personal note, annually, yours truly and Meg and Lou Cavaluzzi spent many happy moments travelling with Bruce and his big "Duece" over our south Jersey roads enroute to the hookup points for this event. His enthusiasm and love of the hobby will be sorely missed, not to mention that no one could have a better travelling mate, friend and companion than Bruce. He always "had my back" in my little M151A2 as we traversed I-95 along the eastern seaboard to and from Aberdeen.

I believe we all wind up in the same place at some point in the future, it's just that some of us get there a little sooner than others. Rejoice in the fact that Bruce was always happiest when attending this event and that he's probably driving a duece-and-a-half right now up in God's country.

Rest in peace, Bruce.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is sad news. He sounds like a dedicated man. He did great things and contributed to others.

He will be missed.

poppop

I am truly sorry for his passing. It sounds like he was a great guy in the MV hobby. My thoughts and prayers go out to his Family as they deal with this great loss.

scooter01922

I'm sorry to say that i never had the pleasure of meeting bruce. Although that deuce in the other thread looks awfully familiar so i am almost positive i was in close proximity at last years festivities. Sounds like one heck of a guy and a valuable asset to the MV community as a whole, he will be missed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks