• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Cover Question

Loose Deuce

[3]Having lots of fun with my new CD Manual, but there is a lot of material to look over. Can anyone explain to me how the cargo cover is supposed to rolled up and buckled on each side and what is done with each end? :confused: [/3]
[3][/3]

[3] Well I mean, I know how to roll the sides up and buckle them, Just I dont understand what you do on each end as it is rolled up? anyone understand what I'm asking? :lol: [/3]

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dug this old thread up while searching (the search Nazis would be proud :D ). It said there were 11 replies but they were nowhere to be found when I opened it. I'm having the same problem. Looks like the TM is showing a canvas cover and that may be the problem as I have a vinyl cover. What is the procedure for rolling up a vinyl cover on the sides?

DanMartin

I've tried...the vinyl cover does not like to be rolled up. Mainly because of the molded corner pieces. What I've done is place it face down on a flat surface (camo side up), fold the end flaps up and inward (as best you can), then the sides up and in making sure all of the straps/clips/bands are inside now, then fold over the long way 3 times (it does not seem to like 4), so you have a long flat cover..then fold that in half (or thirds if can...maybe on a hot day where it's more flexible). Then I just throw it in the back. This is what I do...seems to work fine.

It's easier if you do it on a sunny day when the cover is more pliable.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I'm talking about is leaving the top of the cover on the truck and just rolling the sides up to let some light and air in.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think maybe I'm missing some hardware on my bows to hold the cover up. What's holding the cover up to keep it from falling?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
steelandcanvas said:
There should be a strap on your bow that laces into a spring loaded gripper on the cargo canvas.
Ok, there are no straps on my bows. I knew I was missing something.

Is there a TM that shows the process and all the parts needed in detail? The -10 doesn't show very much.

mbwarner

You will need 10 straps with sheet metal eye, and 10 phillips head screws, 5/16 coarse thread if I recall correctly. The screw is identical to the screws that hold the corners to the staves, except for length. They're about 3/4 long.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks