• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo cover rubber cord cut length

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where the information is or can just provide the information for the standard cut lengths for the different pieces of rubber cord used to make up the cargo cover tie down on an M1083?
I found the best prices for the official 5/16" shock cord hooks from defender.com and I found the best prices for the 5/16" EPDM rubber cord on McMaster.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure if your asking for a schematic type thing that diagrams out each piece of rubber cord, but if you are I dont have that. How I work what your asking for is I thread the rubber cord through the sides and front of the cargo cover and the bed has hooks every couple feet or so, leave the ends coming out the back of the cargo cover loos for now and install the cover and tighten the ends till you achieve the proper tension then figure the best way to incorporate the rear part of the cargo cover, again there are hooks on the tail gate area just for this purpose then put your ends on and attach accordingly in the way that provides the best security and good tension. Its very simple all your trying to do is keeping the cargo cover secure and in place, dont overthink it because its all pretty easy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks