• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCW radio truck

M38a1Kid

Hey guys, thought I'd start a thread for one of my new projects. It's a 1942 CCW 6X4 k50 or k53 (not sure yet) anybody else have a CCW? I know that they are fairly rare. I'll post some pics when I pick up the truck tomorrow.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me I do. 6X4 CCWs were cargo trucks only, are you saying you have the K-53 radio van on the back of yours?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well someone built that, not saying that is a bad thing, just understand CCWs were cargo trucks built especially for line haul on the Red Ball Express.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Damn that is nice. Google “K-60C signal corps” and it comes back as “van multi purpose”. As you can see the data plate lists the chassis as CCKW-353, not CCW-353. Did you buy the Studebaker in the background as well?

M38a1Kid

The studebaker is a 6X4 with a decent body but the frame was stretched and won't fit on my trailer so I didn't buy it. I got the CCW and box home, I'll probably start restoration on the box soon but the CCW project is several years out. 20241002_131131.jpg20241002_131103.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice condition. Mine was orange when I got it. Looks like you got a Saturday with a putty knife ahead of you to remove all the yuck from the frame.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks