• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Central NY - "All Green Camp-out"

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I 'kind of' have the green light to orgainse a camp-out/BBQ type thing on our farm - Nr Cooperstown NY, (1 hr West of Albany).

This is intended to be a low stress event, a gathering of military vehicles (no public) to come play, camp, get dirty maybe - we have lots of trails on 75 acres - lots of woods/hills.

I am thinking of a weekend in August subject to other events conflicting.

Let me know who may be interested - and what other events may conflict.

Cheers. Howard

For the sake of thread clarity - reply with PM, I will update thread with numbers/date suggestions and questions answered.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PG-Pete yup there is always mud - we have a trail more like a mud-run that goes behind a marshy area - cat tails n all!

Lots of wooded hills with flat fields to camp/set-up in.

Some trails are big enough for my M816 though most were cut for smaller 4x4's... We have an annual Land Rover meet here in Nov but I wanted a summer camp out do and one that is specifically for military vehicles (both of my LR's are ex-mil).

If you want to see some pics/vids of our Nov fun - check out
The Annual Guy Fawkes Rally - Various photos

This will be a self sufficient, camping, back in the woods type thing (not down by the big bonfire and the road) - sitting around, chatting - driving - what ever. I can get a porta John if numbers dictate. If only a few come - can always run back to the house.

Tentative date - Aug 18/19

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
PG-Pete yup there is always mud - we have a trail more like a mud-run that goes behind a marshy area - cat tails n all!

Lots of wooded hills with flat fields to camp/set-up in.

Some trails are big enough for my M816 though most were cut for smaller 4x4's... We have an annual Land Rover meet here in Nov but I wanted a summer camp out do and one that is specifically for military vehicles (both of my LR's are ex-mil).

If you want to see some pics/vids of our Nov fun - check out
The Annual Guy Fawkes Rally - Various photos

This will be a self sufficient, camping, back in the woods type thing (not down by the big bonfire and the road) - sitting around, chatting - driving - what ever. I can get a porta John if numbers dictate. If only a few come - can always run back to the house.

Tentative date - Aug 18/19
This is what a slit trench is for behind the trees

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks