• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chicken Fried Wires.....

aekhoff

So i was in the process of installing my GPR and see that these wires are TOAST!

What is this? It seems like it has happened before as the battery has a splice just before the refry.

What does this part do - could it have burnt up when the GPR went out?

Attachments

1956_4x4

Looks like you have had a fusible link get hot. If someone was splicing into it I'd guess that it fried in the past and they never replaced the entire wire. I'd fix it and test to see if there are too many amps being drawn on the circuit.

Smitty

mistaken1

The blue wire on the left is a fusible link, it should come from the negative post of the back battery to feed 12V to the 12V power block in the picture. Not sure about the one on the right. You will need the wiring diagrams from the TMs to see what is what It is obvious the blue wires got hot enough to damage the insulation but not open the conductor.

Perhaps the blue wire on the right rubbed against the glow plug relay until the conductor made contact with the grounded relay body?

rnd-motorsports

the blue to the left is as stated the supply and the wires to the right suply the truck fuse block and other things in the cab and dash lights the driver alt. etc. when you replace them be sure to replace with the same size wire fuse. yes maybe if the wire was touching a post on the GPR or a wire that got hot when the relay went bad it also could have melted the wire and shorted these also !

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread title is likely to be looked past when viewing search results. Accurate/descriptive titles are much more likely to be read and understood when searching.

I doubt I would look at anything with chicken in the title, when trying to fix my fusable links.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks