• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant leak around front of intake manifold...

rose jackets67

My 1008 recently started leaking coolant at a pretty constant 'drip' down the front of the motor. Based on the amount and lack of pressure, I assumed the water pump was going bad and it was leaking out of the weep hole. Tonight, I pulled the accessories off the front of the motor for a closer look, and the water pump appears to be fine.

What I found was coolant puddled underneath the IP. The puddle is at the front of the valley pan, under the intake. I can't find the source of the leak, though. The truck leaks a little coolant sitting and shut down, and leaks at a steady drip to the pavement when running. The leak appears to be occuring above the level of the water pump, and I don't see anything obvious in the areas of the coolant crossover pipe or where the intake runners bolt up.

Any tips?

Westech

CPL
coolant temp sender in the back of the engine? Heater hose fittings in the engine? cross over pipe cracked or t stat housing leaking? could be a lot of things. wash it all down, put a tester on the radiator cap and pump her up. you will find the leak.