• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv has small rod knosk

gem1410

Hi--Just purchased a cucv pick up--Starts fast and runs well but has a small rod knock--The place I got it said they used starting fluid on it --Is the small rod knock normal or should I change the rod bearing--How hard is it to remove the oil pan--Thanks George

Attachments

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
I think you answered your own Question. Come one man you think a knocking engine is the norm? The first thing to do is read the TM's or do like I did and get a repair manual from the local Auto parts store. And using starting fluid wont cause a rod bearing to go to crap.. My bet would be a piston pin or even a bent rod. It would be worth your time just to swap out the engine for a take out. You can get then off GL CHEAP or even ebay for a couple hundred bucks. The market is flooded with them right now.

gem1410

I was listening to the engine today and the knock seems to be somewhere in the front center of the engine--Checking the balancer and vacume pump are great ideas-- How would I check the balancer---To check fuel knock do I crack the fuel line to the injectors--Thanks for all your help--George

gem1410

Monmouth county auction--looks and runs good--the m37 went for $2200 and was listed as running--It was dented--rusted--no coil-points-belts-wires---everything was listed as running and 1/4 of the vehicles had no chance of running

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks