• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1009 Reno - Just obtained

nvrescue

Banned
Also any good comm guys in the area, I would love suggestions. Also, does anyone know where to locate the radio mount(s) that hooks up to Dash?

We plan on having on this and the rest of the CUCV's we acquire (Sorry it will not be kept 100% Authentic) which hopefully will be 4-6:

Lowband 40-44 radio
VHF 150-174 Radio
UHF 450-470 Radio
800 Radio
CB
Emergency Lights and controls
On Board Video
A few Light Force Lights if mounting permits
Possibly two hand spot lights on A Pillars
Possible Night/Thermal
Possible Winch
1-2 May have a Snow Plow Capabilty

M249 SAW MOUNTED ON ROOF - JUST KIDDING

nvrescue

Banned
Nope not Japan, but because of Japan, I am trying with much limited funds to push my USAR project to prepare for stuff occuring on West Coast.

Maybe grants will come easier shortly after this Japan mess is addressed. I only have a few members assiting the Japan efforts. LA and Menlo Park USAR teams and 1-2 teams from the Brits are main response units funded!

My worry is a huge earthquake and Tsunami in SF Bay Area or LA area. I want our ducks in a row and have a fast response of 8 hours or less to both locations and have the following units on ready alert:

4-6 CUCV
8-10 HMMWV
4 H1 Command
4 H3 Light Command

Thanks for the SJ contact to, please when you can have him PM me at nvrescue or email nvrescue@charter.net I will copy his screen name too ;)

nvrescue

Banned
I need to find 4 affordable antenna mounts (Maybe I can buy two new from Saturn) anyone got a bead on them? Also the Jumper setup on front Grill missing. Where the Night driving light is we may just put a LED light.

JUNKYARDJOHN

I just added this to our collection of soon to be rescue units. I need a few things for it still. Anyone in the Reno or SF Area?

Would love to network.

Laurence Kaplan
America Search And Rescue
nvrescue@charter.net
I lived in Carson City for 12 years, prior to moving to KY. 5 years ago.Still in touch with alot of friends out there. It sure has grown since 1994. Now i'm out in the Cumberland mountains. Missed the green to much... had to come back east here. John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks