• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dead electrical power in M925

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello folks I find myself in need of some thoughts please. I have a 1985 M925A1 and the truck has been 100 % problem free for years or until this week. I parked the truck in my warehouse last Nov. and went to fire it up this week, the batteries had been on a maintainer the entire time and they are both over 12 volts. Well when I hit the battery switch in the truck absolutely nothing happens, no lights absolutely nothing. I went over all the battery connections so they are clean and tight, the battery switch test out just fine I disconnected and reconnected all the circuit breakers and still nothing. I have power up to the Protection box on the firewall in front of the driver under the hood but the truck is a stone right now. I have never had one of those protection boxes go bad before, are these symptoms of that box being dead? If you have thoughts on what else I should check please let me know and I thank you for your suggestions and thoughts!
Karl

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do the batteries pass a load test? Sometimes the maintainers are maintaining a battery that is shot.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello folks I find myself in need of some thoughts please. I have a 1985 M925A1 and the truck has been 100 % problem free for years or until this week. I parked the truck in my warehouse last Nov. and went to fire it up this week, the batteries had been on a maintainer the entire time and they are both over 12 volts. Well when I hit the battery switch in the truck absolutely nothing happens, no lights absolutely nothing. I went over all the battery connections so they are clean and tight, the battery switch test out just fine I disconnected and reconnected all the circuit breakers and still nothing. I have power up to the Protection box on the firewall in front of the driver under the hood but the truck is a stone right now. I have never had one of those protection boxes go bad before, are these symptoms of that box being dead? If you have thoughts on what else I should check please let me know and I thank you for your suggestions and thoughts!
Karl
It might be worth cracking open the cover on the Protection Box and verify that the "guts" aren't corroded. While I was posting this @NDT mentioned verifying the batteries. I had thought about mentioning checking the water level in the batteries - so same idea...

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Karl, check out post #21 and #26 in this thread.

If you try this, do not remove the jumper between C&D while the engine is running, it will have the same effect as turning your battery switch off before the start/run switch.

Reactions: 98G

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks much for the information guys, I load tested the batteries a year ago but will do that before I go any further. Thanks again for the assist in this adventure!

Shirehorse

I echo all the above advice with the protective control box, but wanted to mention something else.

Another area of issue with the electrical system is the STE/ICE test port on the passenger side. It corrodes around the connector and will eventually short out. Sometimes that takes the form of letting the magic smoke out, and sometimes it takes the form of a parasitic drain. Worth a look and a removal if you don't need STE/ICE functionality.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks