• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Bed Options???

drpete12

Hi Everyone,

Iam getting my m818 (I know wrong forum but hear me out) and will be be putting a DEUCE bed on it. Not to familiar with them. Some are drop sides etc...Then I will be wanting bows and a cover (canvas tarp?) etc. Can someone explain to me the choices I will have in the different types of beds and bows (ie troop carrier seats, wood fibre glass etc).

Any photos that relate would be great

Thanks again,
Peter
nopics

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You have the main differences. Drop side or not. If you plan on using the bed to haul anything, the drop side is your best bet. The bed accessories are the same for both, aside from the bow corners for the drop side. I personally run Hemtt bows that are metal and support an LMTV cargo cover. It gives you a little more head room than a stock deuce setup. As you will soon see, some people LOVE the drop side beds and some HATE them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks