• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Defroster Hose

Somemedic

Man I lucked out. There was an auto dealer going out of business and they let the fire dept have anything we wanted out of the service bays. I picked up some couragated rubber hose used for venting exhaust out of their bays while they worked on cars. Id try an older service station, IIRC its about a 2" diameter. I would think somthing at a hardware store would work.

badgmc56

I just got mine from NAPA. It's not listed as defroster hose. It's 3 inch carb pre-heater hose that goes between the air filter and exaust manifold shield on some auto application. The NAPA number is 825-6038. Looks just like defroster hose with a snap type clamp on both ends built into the hose.

badgmc56

Here are a couple pictures of the air intake hose I got from NAPA that I'm using for defroster duct on the deuce. Correction on the description of the hose. I had said it was carb pre-heater hose but it is air filter intake hose.

Attachments

cbvet

Got the NAPA hose badgmc56 suggested. Two of them at about $11 each did the trick, with a little help.
On the driver's side, I put a 3" sheet metal elbow on the defroster connection to make up for that hose being a little short.
I disconnected the tach & speedo cables & pulled the cluster out to get access to the driver's side connection. Removed the glove box for easy access to the passenger side.
All I'm missing is the resistor for the low speed circuit. Anyone have a spare or know where to get one?
Thanks again for the help!
Eric

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm using 3in corragated aluminum dryer hose, it's 9 bucks for 8 feet at lowes. It's stiff and bendable, so retains it's shape.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the NAPA hose badgmc56 suggested. Two of them at about $11 each did the trick, with a little help.
On the driver's side, I put a 3" sheet metal elbow on the defroster connection to make up for that hose being a little short.
I disconnected the tach & speedo cables & pulled the cluster out to get access to the driver's side connection. Removed the glove box for easy access to the passenger side.
All I'm missing is the resistor for the low speed circuit. Anyone have a spare or know where to get one?
Thanks again for the help!
Eric

cbvet,

the resistor is just a 5 Ohm, 50 watt resistor...I used a 100 watt resistor on mine just for the extra heat dissipation so it should never burn up. We just talked about this a month or two ago in a thread...here is a link to one of my posts. It has direct links to Newark Electronics' website...you can order directly from them, and the prices are very reasonable. Either resistor will work, but the "brown" looking one is the 100 watt wire wound resistor and will be a little heavier duty for the application it's going in.