• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce front parking lights

rhinomike

I can't seem to have my headlights and parking lights on at the same time. only one or the other will work. turns still work, but when i turn on the head lights the parking lights go out. Is this normal, if not anyone else experiance this issue?
thanks!
rhinomike

saddamsnightmare

April 20th, 2008.

rofl Rhinomike:

The situation you describe is the normal one on an everyday M35 deuce with the three lever light switch. For whatever reason, when the Army designed the switch they did not intend the front parking lights to be illuminated. According to other owners in here, you can carefully jumper from the headlight position to the parking light position to get those front lights on IF you really can't live without them. Even my 1971 Kaiser Jeep when fitted with the newer TACOM headlight switch will not turn the front parking lights on with the headlights.....
I cannot, however, offer you any insight as to whether the later ESP rebuilds or the Air Force M35's were any different.... Other owners will have to weight in. Sounds like your lights are working to me, so count your blessings, as it's likely a 35+ year old truck, and the electricals don't always work as advertised without repairs...

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran deuce truck
""??"" M105A2 1-1/2 Ton Cargo Trailer, Johnson Mfg.Co., 4 color MERDC or NATO Woodland scheme,
Okla. Army National Guard Unit...
1967 MEP23A Hercules Gasoline Generator Set Rebuilt at Toole Army Depot...OD Green
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog Truck, S404.114 Model Mercedes Benz NATO Green!!!!

jasonjc

It the same way with all trucks with the 3 lever light switch. And as emmado22 pointed out you need to read the operator's manual for the truck. It's not the same as a car. TM 9-2320-361-10 or TM 9-2320-209-10
You can down load both here from the TM section.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a fairly simple modification you can make to have your headlights and front parking lights on at the same time.

Do read the TMs.

Here is one post on the topic.(not exactly how I did mine though) http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....ewtopic&t=1470&highlight=front+parking+lights

Try searching the site. It has been spelled out before. Ask again if you need more help.
btw, correct spelling helps with searches.

MikeON

I just completed this mod yesterday, because I was told the parking lights had to be on the same time as the headlights to pass PA state inspection. Not sure that's true if it wasn't set up originally that way.

Anyway, I jumped circuit 21 to circuit 491 as described in the other thread, and it works just fine. I pulled the plug off the back of the 3-wire switch and pulled it down to get at it. The pin identification letters are on the inside of the plug, so show which wire is which. L and H are the two you want. I put a short jumper between these two circuits a few inches away from the plug.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks