• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce tire questions

slickcole

i just bought my first duece and was wonering what is the first thing i should do to it,,,, i figure tires and wheels. there is a guy online that sells the aftermarket wheels and 395 tires but the problem is he has no clue what the pffset is and im betting that they wont track the same because they are made for a 5 ton and i am putting them on my m35a2 and having adapters made to fit the lug pattern. so is anyone familiar with the wheels they are Hemtt Wheels and the ebay auction # is 310185839687

i was thinking of bobbing it but dont know anyone around kentucky that does it and the super singles are cool with me, i just want to do it right. thanks brandon anyones2cents will help im a complete newbie and need allthe help i can get thanks. even local people that do work on them around lexington, ky would be awsome.

If you haven't driven it yet, I would do a brake inspection (lines, hoses, fill/bleed system). Get the truck legal to drive on the road prior to making changes to it. Why spend money on new tires/wheel when your lights/horn/brakes don't work? Even though I have antique tags on my deuce, I try to have it as roadworthy as possible before making changes (if I wanted to make changes, that is). Check the fluid in all the axles, transmission, crankcase, radiator as well. I would hate to hear "Man, those wheels on your truck look great. Why was it on the side of the road?" READ THE TM's (available here, under resources).

Then go out and enjoy the deuce. I know I enjoy mine.

slickcole

i have driven it and all fluids were changed when i bought it and it was completely gone over to make sure it was road worthy. oh and something else.. oh yeah i put two new batteries in it as welll. thanks though for the thought

slickcole

what do you mean stable? it feels good driving down the road, had a diesel mech check it out and had all fluids flushed and changed. you mean i should just get to know it before i change it so i know if i like the change? which ill do bc i dont have the extra cash to upgrade right now, but non the les does anyone know about the wheels and the offset and how it tracks with the super singles on it. i know about the tires i just am not sure about the wheels on ebay they are item number 310185839687 and are 20" hemtt wheels 11 lug i believe. thanks for the help

area52

there are a few threads on here about people changing the HEMTT wheels over to a deuce pattern.

I can't answer your question but if you search a little you might find the answer.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The Hemtt rims are 10" wide. The bolt holes are set back 2", so its about 8" back space. You can adjust it a little with the placement of the adapter disk for the deuce bolt pattern, but not alot. They are great rims, just make the rim/tire combo HEAVY as he11. The rims weigh about 160 on their own, the 395s I'm putting on mine weigh in at about 225. Good luck lifting one into the bed on my own! :cool:

Biggles

I thought I was going to bob my duece before I got it. Once I actually drove it. I've never thought about it again. You can have the biggest baddest 4X4 on the planet and I'll still have a whole 'nuther axle. It'll never be a 6X6 and the truck is really cool the way it is. It's more than just a big big tough pick-up truck, and as far as super singles go. That argument goes back and forth all day every day. It has advantages and disadvantages just like anything else. you just have to decide what you want your truck to be more geared for.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks