• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce to be Bobbed A2 or A3?

Best Candidate for a bob/lift job:

• Total voters

clb076

Firstly I am new to the forum and have been admiring these trucks for a while. I am looking to buy a deuce with the intention of bobbing and lifting it. Possibly installing some 53's. Many of the deuce build threads I have seen show builds of A2 trucks. It seems like an A3 with the hydro steering, automatic and CAT would be more driveable trucks. Is there any reason for not using A3's other than their scarcity? Also, if i were to Bob and lift an A3 vs. an A2 would there be any additional challenges? Thanks for any help!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the risk of starting another A2/A3 war I'll give my 2cents.

The A3 does have improvements over the A2 IMO. I don't think it's worth that much over the A2 though. That and I personally don't like the looks of them.

If you like the looks of an A3 and want a auto trans, Cat engine, air steering, and want to pay for it I say go for it. It's just not my cup of tea unless they get the price down comparable to a A2.

clb076

I see your point... the Automatic/Cat aren't really the part I found all that useful. The steering is what was selling me. If the steering becomes an issue is it that difficult to add it to an A2?